Finding new clients is one of the biggest pain points for web designers and developers. That’s why generating recurring revenue is so important.
If you’ve been looking for easy ways to add recurring revenue to your business, you might want to start with a partner program. In our latest GoDaddy Pro webinar I introduced our two partner programs: GoDaddy Pro and GoDaddy Reseller.
If you missed it, or you would like to see it again, you can watch the recording here:
powered by Crowdcast
How does recurring revenue stabilize your business?
When you generate recurring revenue, you have a steady stream of income that helps you avoid the feast/famine cycle that can occur when you’re only focusing on new site builds. If you don’t have to worry about your bills when new clients are scarce, you don’t risk having to lower prices just to get that next client in the door.
Beyond your bottom line, building a system of recurring revenue means you’re building trust and loyalty with your clients. That’s because they can keep working with you once their website is complete, and you aren’t sending them somewhere else for their additional needs. You are their complete solution.
Comparing GoDaddy Pro and GoDaddy Reseller
There are some differences between GoDaddy’s two partner programs, as well as some surprising similarities. I shared a comparison of the two, and these are the highlights:
- Built around website maintenance services
- Request access to client accounts
- You handle billing – use the merchant account and invoice software you already use with your website clients
- Free to get started
- Built to sell web products
- Automatic access to customer accounts – as long as you have 2 factor authentication on your GoDaddy account
- GoDaddy handles the billing – payments are processed through the provided store checkout
- Pay for a reseller plan to get started
How to make money with GoDaddy Pro
GoDaddy Pro is one of the best options available for automating and simplifying website maintenance, especially for (but not limited to) WordPress. You can start making money with it in a few simple steps.
- Sites: Start by connecting any websites you are building or managing to this single dashboard. It has over 20 features and tools for website management, and it’s not just for WordPress. You can white label the plugin and create custom reports under your brand.
- Clients: Add any client, even if they’re not a GoDaddy customer. You can assign sites or products you purchased in your own account to your clients. If they are a GoDaddy customer, you can request access to their account to manage products or purchases.
- Expand Services: Using GoDaddy Pro gives you the tools and automation to add website maintenance to your list of services or gives you the time needed to take on more clients.
- Investment: The only out of pocket investment is premium add-ons. They are few, inexpensive, and you don’t have to use them to provide a valuable service to your clients.
- Create packages for your maintenance services, so your clients can select services according to their needs and budget.
Sign up for GoDaddy Pro
How to make money with GoDaddy Reseller
GoDaddy’s Reseller program is a stress-free, hands-off solution to providing domain registration, hosting, and other web products to your clients under your brand.
- Dashboard: Start by setting your product prices and opting into promotions. You can also keep up with reseller news, view reports on your commissions, or access customer accounts from here after your store is up and running.
- Storefront: Set up the standard storefront GoDaddy provides or add products to an existing site with the WordPress plugin or API. Everything is under your brand, maki a seamless experience for your customers.
- Commissions: Sell domain registration, hosting, and related products to your website clients. GoDaddy will pay you a commission on the margins over your buy rate.
- Investment: There is an initial investment for the reseller program, and you can see the plan options on our GoDaddy Reseller page.
- Don’t position yourself as the next big web host. Look at this as a way to add to your existing business.
- Bake this into your on-boarding process for new clients – If they need domain registration and hosting, send them to your site. Even better, guide them through it.
Become a GoDaddy Reseller
Choose the right partner program
You don’t have to be a web designer or developer to use GoDaddy’s partner programs. I provided some scenarios that can help you decide what works best for your business.
Web Designers & Developers
- GoDaddy Pro: You want to start offering website maintenance or increase the customers you provide this service for, and you already have a preferred domain registration and hosting solution.
- GoDaddy Reseller: You want to provide domain registration and hosting products for your existing clients, and you want to control how they receive support.
SEOs, Marketers & Professionals
- GoDaddy Pro: You want to manage your clients’ GoDaddy products and collaborate with web designers & developers.
- GoDaddy Reseller: You want a hands-off stream of revenue that requires no additional work from you, and you’d like to sell web products under your own brand.
There’s never a bad time to start generating recurring revenue for your business. If you’re considering a partner program, don’t overlook the GoDaddy Pro and GoDaddy Reseller programs. No matter what you want to do, there’s something for you.
Editor’s note: Are you building websites for clients? Join GoDaddy Pro to manage all your clients, their websites and GoDaddy products from a central dashboard.
The post Webinar: GoDaddy Pro vs GoDaddy Reseller programs appeared first on GoDaddy Blog.